Wednesday 11 January 2017

High street/Drugstore base for your face


Hi... everybody, this is my first blog post on this blog and I will try to blog more.

It is January, which means back to college, Uni or work. After having spent lots of your money in December during Christmas and New Year’s Eve or if you are a beginner and just need some guidance, I thought some of us could opt for cheaper more drugstore/high street makeup without compromising too much with the quality of the products. I have listed below everything you may need for a perfect dewy and yet oil controlled base, from primer to the best powder to set your base. (Click on the price below each picture to go on the website to purchase the item)

So let’s get started...

First thing which everyone must do to ensure your makeup lasts a lot longer is to apply an even layer of primer on your face. But even before a primer please, please moisturise your face, to avoid any dry patches. And you will be so thankful.

I really like the Nivea men post shave balm because it simply just makes my makeup last a lot longer and it is easy to apply it on your face. The only downside (or not as some may find with this) it has a masculine scent to it (obviously) which does go away once you put some foundation. (£5.35 at Boots)

The foundation I prefer from the high street is the Radiance reveal healthy mix foundation from Bourjois.This foundation has a dewy and natural finish; it gives you a medium to full coverage and lasts quite a long time too. And we please take a moment to appreciate this product because it gives a flawless finish.  (£9.99 at Boots)

This (Maybelline Instant Anti-Age, The Eraser eye concealer) is hands down the best concealer, it has even taken over the high end concealers. It blends really well and has a medium coverage, good for those under eye bags and any spots you may have or if you want to subtly highlight the high points of your face. (£7.99 at Boots)

And last but not least I like to set my base with Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder so that my concealer stays in place and also to control any oily areas such as my T zone (I mean you don't want to look like Edward Cullen, at least I don't) . This powder comes in many shades with light coverage or you could also opt for translucent. Put it on with a light hand to avoid your face looking cakey and maintain some dewiness on your face. (The writing on my powder is erased because I used it too much) (£3.99 at Boots)

So that's it really... if you are after a good base, that looks dewy but not sweaty and at the same time controls any oily areas without looking too cakey then these are my suggestions. However, you have many options when you go to high street, you can experiment with different brands or different finishes, to see which is your favourite or suits you better. These products are just SOME of my many favourite products from the high street and also the products I would recommend to a beginner.

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment