Wednesday 25 January 2017

High street/Drugstore makeup part II

So what's after a perfect base? A good and smooth makeup obviously :)

Here it is the second part of the High street/Drugstore makeup post. This time I will tell you all about my favourite makeup products; one of each area or purpose ish..., also this is a long blog post so grab a cup of tea and biscuit and if you want to see more of the product on the actual website of Superdrug then click on the price at the end of each paragraph.

Eyes:
So first I like to do my eyes after my base because it takes the longest out of all and I want it to be perfect.


For the eyeshadow I like something more on the neutral/nude side. Sleek eyeshadow palettes are one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes. This particular one is called 'AU NATUREL 601'. This is the perfect eyeshadow pallet because you can create so many looks with this one eyeshadow pallet, from day time to a night out; it has some matte shades and some very pretty and sparkly shades. (£8.99 at Superdrug)



Next, I like to do my eyeliner. I like the gel eyeliner from Maybelline because it lasts all day and doesn't smudge and it is good for inner rim of your eyes too, but I prefer to put on my top eyelash line. And this one is called 'LASTING DRAMA GEL EYELINER'. (£7.99 at Superdrug)


I then put some mascara on my top and bottom eyelashes. This mascara again from Maybelline is so so good! It gives you volume and lengthens your lashes (I kid you not, my eyelashes look so good!) . this is the 'LASH SENSATIONAL' mascara in black. (£7.99 at Superdrug)



I then move to this nude eyeliner from Rimmel, I just put some on my bottom inner rim of my eyes. (This again is a hidden gem in the high street because it is a dupe for many of the high end nude eyeliners). This however, doesn't last long even though it claims to be waterproof. But I have a hack for this, all you have to do is after you've put on the nude eyeliner is to top it up with some of your face powder. this is the 'SCANDALEYES' eyeliner in the shade 005 nude. (£3.99 at Superdrug)




I don't do much for my brows because they are already quite full themselves, the only thing I do is fill in any spars areas with the Rimmel brow duo. It has a powder on one side and a waxy formula on the other side which is very useful because if you want to fill it in lightly you can use the powder formula and if you want to make your eyebrows really standout then the waxy formula comes in very handy. So this one is called 'BROW THIS WAY' in the shade 003 dark brown. (£3.99 at Superdrug)

Face:


I use the trio cheek palette from Sleek because it has a matte bronzer, a highlighter and a beautiful blusher (basically all in one). The blusher is very close to the Nars blusher in 'orgasm' and has the same reflects of gold in it. The three combined looks perfect and blends really well. The highlighter is very subtle and looks like a natural glow. This is one is 'CONTOURING AND BLUSH PALETTE' in the shade fair 372. (£9.99 at Superdrug)

Lips:

I love liquid lipsticks from Bourjois (Rouge edition velvet lipstick); they are pigmented and lasts throughout the day (though I do have to touch up ONCE only).  They have a matte finish and sometimes it could dry up your lips so I would advice suing a lip balm before you put on any lip product. They come in many shades but for the convenient of this blog post I have chosen a nude shade in 'Nud-ist' number 7 and a very pigmented red one 'Hot Pepper' in number 03.  (£8.99 at Superdrug)

Thanks for reading this long long blog post and I hope you are enjoying my posts so far. Feel free to comment improvements on this blog or anything else you may have liked here. x

No comments:

Post a Comment